Yoga General Classes
Yoga General Classes
- Gentle Yoga: A class designed to gently open tight areas of the body while strengthening muscles and reinforcing balance. This class is supportive of people working with injuries or chronic conditions. This practice is suitable for all.
- L1/Beginner Yoga: An entry level yoga class designed to teach the foundation and alignment for basic breathing and yoga poses. This class may incorporate use of props and walls to help students learn the proper alignment for their own body. Students of every level will benefit from this alignment based practice.
- L1-3 All level Yoga: A fluid (vinyasa) class taught with basic foundational poses, alignment, and options for the beginner student and intermediate/advanced alignment options for seasoned practitioners. A great class to begin learning deeper sequences, poses, and breathing practices.
- L2/Intermediate Yoga: A dynamic yoga practice including sun salutations, creative sequencing, and poses for a well balanced mind and body. Students will play with arm balances and inversions at their personal level. This practice will build heat and elevate the heart rate.
- Yoga Fusion: A blended yoga practice incorporating yin postures which focus on the lower back and hips, a vinyasa (fluid) yoga practice to build heat and remove toxins, and restorative poses that reduce stress by inducing the relaxation response in the body. A great blend of practices for all.
- Yoga Balance: An all-level traditional yoga class with a strong focus on strengthening the core and supporting muscles which assist in balance. The structure of the class will build toward peek balance poses with optional propping support.
- Yin Yoga: A deep practice that requires holding poses to stimulate the body’s connective tissue in order to create greater flexibility. This practices includes many hip and hamstring openers. This is a great option for beginners and is complementary to all other styles of yoga.
- Restorative Yoga: A class which uses several props to personalize each pose for the student’s specific needs. This relaxing practice incorporates pranayama (breathing) and meditation. Restorative yoga focuses on letting go of stress and creating a restful state. Give yourself this gift of a refreshing and uplifting practice.
- Kids Yoga: Kids are introduced to the practices of yoga through creative play, movement, games, music, and postures. This fun filled class teaches children the foundation of yoga on and off the mat. This practice is structured in a way to balance their physical, mental, and sensory needs. Benefits of children’s yoga include: aid in their focus, self-esteem support, stress relief, confidence building, strength, flexibility, and more.
- Family Yoga: This fun filled class is a simple way to enjoy yoga with your family. Suitable for parents, grandparents, caregivers, aunts, uncles, and children alike. This yoga practice will be taught with many kids yoga components and parents will be encouraged to let their inner child out. In our experience children age 4 and above enjoy this class best, yet all ages are welcome.
- Meditation: This meditation class will vary in style. Each class will include instruction, a mediation practice, and discussion.
Yoga Specialty Classes
Yoga Specialty Classes:
- Prenatal Yoga: This class offers a deeper connection and community than any other aspect of pregnancy, as you will meet every week with your fellow expecting mothers, getting to know the path you are sharing together. Click Prenatal Yoga to learn more.
- Yoga for a Healthy Back: This series is recommended for anyone who experiences back pain to any degree, whether it is a chronic or intermittent issue. It could be caused by anything from emotional tension to minor physical misalignment or even more complex conditions like scoliosis and kyphosis. Students will be given the tools and techniques to finally experience relief in their body and feel good again.
- Yoga for the Neck and Shoulders: This class offers relief from the physical and emotional stress that so many people carry in this area of the body. Week by week, students will be guided through postures and practices that will bring them comfort and discover techniques that could help them experience relief from aches and pains.
- YES! Yoga and Eating Sensibly (Yoga for Weight Loss): This program connects mind, body, and spirit to help clients achieve healthy weight loss, gain energy, and develop a new outlook on life. So say “yes” to YES! Simply bring a positive attitude, an open mind, and an open heart. Discover the healthy relationship between body and nutrition that you have always desired.
- Yoga for Insomnia: Through a flowing blend of gentle, restorative, yin yoga poses, breathing techniques, and guided meditation, this series for insomnia will ease your body and mind into a state of relaxation and help you enjoy a peaceful sleep.
- Cancer Recovery Yoga: The program helps stretch and strengthen the body, allowing you to experience improved range of motion and strength in those areas most affected by cancer surgery and treatment.